Tuesday 15 September 2015

Have you "met" Brené Brown yet?

From her website www.brenebrown.com :
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work.She has spent the past thirteen years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame.


I first came across Brené Brown via a video on Youtube: her 2010 TEDx Houston talk, The Power of Vulnerability, which is now one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 19 million viewers.  Please: WATCH IT!  It will take 20 minutes of your time, and I swear you'll gain something from watching it.

I was hooked. I bought her first two books - "I thought it was just me" and "The gifts of imperfection" - then watched her next TED talk in 2012, "Listening to Shame" - and in October 2013 I went to the UK talk / interview for her third book "Daring Greatly" in London, where I met her in person and she signed my copy of the book.

With Brené Brown:


Brené's fourth book "Rising Strong" is now out (I have a copy winging its way to me right now via Amazon) and I'm bursting at the seams with excitement to be attending her talk in London in early November: http://www.theschooloflife.com/london/shop/brene-brown-on-courage .  Sadly for you, it's a sold-out event, but I'm chuffed to bits to have bought my ticket.

Buy the book - any of the four - they are ALL brilliant. Interesting, inspiring, motivating, thought-provoking.

It's official: Brené Brown is my latest intellectual crush.



No comments:

Post a Comment